Your personal arrest records, including your mug shot, may remain online indefinitely. Lawyers and restoration professionals may be able to minimize the impact of a DUI to your reputation. Your financial credit may also take a hit. DUI lawyers and other reputation restoration services are available.
- Expungement is a legal process an attorney performs to eliminate your DUI records several years after the conviction. Expungement of a DUI is not allowed in all states.Some states allow for a conviction to be ‘set-aside’. This does not erase a conviction; it only delays the impact of some, or all, of the conviction requirements.
- Sealing a DUI record does not eliminate it like an expungement; rather it removes it from public view. It requires specific authority, such as a court order, to access the information.
- Through reputation restoration providers, you may have your online arrest records, including mug shots, scrubbed from the internet to maintain privacy.
Things that Matter:
- The arresting agency’s public records policy usually determines how many websites will initially publish your arrest records. This can range from 1 to 17 or more websites.
- Probation violations have a huge impact whether an attorney is able to have your formal records sealed or expunged.
Most law firms and reputation restoration providers offer a flat rate price for both expungements and online arrest record removals. Ask for a fixed timeline on when the work will be done and what they are able to guarantee.