So, just how many DUI arrests in Phoenix and the surrounding area happen during an average weekend?
During just one weekend in June, there were more than 160 incidents involving driving under the influence or suspicion of DUI. These stats came from a recent analysis of records requests from Phoenix-area law enforcement agencies.
During the weekend of June 7, 2018, 167 DUI or suspicion of DUI incidents were reported from law enforcement departments from Avondale, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, Salt River, Surprise, Scottsdale and Tempe, as well as the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, according to a report from ABC 15.
Here are some more stats:
- The majority of the incidents (more than 40 percent) occurred between 12 a.m. and 4 a.m.
- About 18 percent of the incidents were reported as an extreme DUI, with a BAC of .15 percent or higher. Read more about Arizona DUI laws here.
- About 17 percent of the arrests were for drugged driving, or driving under the influence of drugs.
- Authorities in Arizona made 289 DUI-related arrests over the Fourth of July holiday. Sixty-two of those arrests were for extreme DUI.
- Arizona Cardinals’ General Manager Steve Keim was among those arrested for DUI over the holiday weekend, it was later revealed.
Original Source: KTAR News