Types of Court

Typically, you are required to appear in the District Court where your charge was issued.  MyDUISolution strongly recommends finding an experienced DUI lawyer.

Find Providers

A DUI charge is considered a criminal offense, so your case will be heard in a criminal court. If the result of your DUI caused personal injury or property damage to other individuals, your case may also be heard in civil court. You may also have a hearing at the Department of Motor Vehicles or other administrative court where sanctions and license suspension/revocation are determined.

What  You Need To Know


  • Most courts do not communicate with each other, so it is up to you to have a good understanding of what to do and when to do it.
  • Understand the conditions of your charge so you know which court you will appear in for your hearing.
  • If you face a civil lawsuit from an injured party seeking financial compensation, an experienced trial lawyer knows the process and may help you avoid being taken advantage of financially.
Back to Jail & Court