Welcome Guest | Sign In or Create Free Account

Types of Court

Compare Providers

Typically, you are required to appear in the District Court where your charge was issued.  MyDUISolution strongly recommends finding an experienced DUI lawyer.

  • A DUI charge is considered a criminal offense, so your case will be heard in a criminal court.
  • If the result of your DUI caused personal injury or property damage to other individuals, your case may also be heard in civil court.
  • You may also have a hearing at the Department of Motor Vehicles or other administrative court where sanctions and license suspension/revocation are determined.

Things that Matter:

  • Most courts do not communicate with each other, so it is up to you to have a good understanding of what to do and when to do it.
  • Understand the conditions of your charge so you know which court you will appear in for your hearing.

Helpful Hints:

If you face a civil lawsuit from an injured party seeking financial compensation, an experienced trial lawyer knows the process and may help you avoid being taken advantage of financially.

What’s Next?

Find an attorney.
Get financing.
Find a DUI traffic school.